Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Letter to the Intended Pollen-Editors



Dear cute little kids with your fundraising car wash, 

Thank you for hosting a car wash in D.C. this past weekend. You did a really good job making those signs and the location you picked, on Wisconsin Ave. in Georgetown, was brilliant. I also commend you on picking the first 90 degree day to hold your car wash; the weather was gorgeous and, with no rain in sight, you probably had a bunch of takers. I hope you raised a ton of money for your sports team/band/chess club/whatever. 

I also like to say I admire your enthusiasm as I pulled up to the traffic light next to you. Your shrieking pierced right through the loud music I had blasting on my stereo. But pointing and laughing at my green-pollen-dusted car was not appreciated. Suggesting that I needed to have my icky car washed, while correct, was not the best marketing strategy. You see, I park my car under a tree, and until that tree decides it's done with its business, I will not be paying anyone to hose it off. 

Thanks so much for trying, 
This blogger 

No comments:

Post a Comment